26. 2nd December 2018 Baptism in Oxon Church of Grace Heather McEvoy together with her parents Freya and Stephen, Godparents and Rev. David O’Brien. Grace slept peacefully throughout the Baptism.
25. 4th November 2018. The baptism in Oxon Church of Autumn Doris-Rose Plummer together with her parents Lauren and Shane, Godparents and Rev. David O’Brien.
24. 15th October 2018 Baptism of Cody Lewis Darren Lincoln with parents Darren and Rachel, younger sister Belle and godparents
23. Lucy Rose Talbot with parents Emily and Matthew and older sister Holly – Lucy’s parents were married at Oxon Church too.
22. 30th September 2018 – Baptism of Lucy Rose Talbot with parents Emily and Matthew, Godparents and Rev. David O’Brien.
21. 2nd September 2018 – Baptism of Jacob Stephen Worley, with mum Laura, Godparents and older brothers.
20. Sophia Jane May Thomas-White, Baptised on 22nd July 2018 and is seen with parents Deborah and Scott, Godparents and Rev. David O’Brien.
19. In the picture: Maisy Helen Broxton Hesbrook, with her parents Chloe and Michael and big sister Summer, Rev. David O’Brien and Godparents.
18. Baptism took place on 6th May 2018 at Oxon Church. In the photo is Oliver Benjamin Shaw with his parents Sarah and Simon and Revd. David O’Brien.
17 Pia Woollam and her Mum Demi-Leigh were Baptised on Easter Sunday 1st April 2018, Pia’s First Birthday! and is seen in the photo with her parents Demi-Leigh and Mark.
16 On the 4th February 2018 at 12.30 pm Baptism of Eleanor Lydia Elizabeth Williams, seen here with her parents Laura and Richard and big brother Joshua. Also in the photo are Eleanor’s Godparents.
15 Nathaniel Stephen York Simmonds baptised at Oxon Church on 5th November 2017, seen with parents Beverly and Stephen, older sister Isla, Godparents and Revd. David O’Brien
14 Zack Alexander and Darcey Summer Emelia Ireland with mum Victoria baptised at Oxon Church on 5th November 2017. Zack is a pupil at Oxon School
13 Samuel Henry Arrowsmith baptised in Oxon Church during our 11.00am service on 15th October 2017. A very happy occasion because Samuel’s parents Joanne and Stuart were married at Oxon too. Also in the picture are Grandad David Glover, who was proxy Godparent for Joanne’s brother Ian, Revd David O’Brien and John Bowen, Choir Master
12 Freddie Alexander Bishton baptised in Oxon Church on 1st October 2017. With parents Sophie and Alexander, Godparents and Revd David O’Brien. Freddie was more interested in playing with the water in the font.
11 Winifred Coco Cheadle with parents Megan and George, Godparents and Revd David O’Brien. Baptised on 10th September 2017 in Oxon Church
10 Phoebe O’Rourke with mum Charlotte and step-father Jamie, together with Godparents and Revd David O’Brien. Baptised on 3rd September 2017 in Oxon Church
08 Phoebe Iris Rothwell aged 4 and a half months. Baptised on 4th June 2017. With parents Becky and Sacha.
07 Beth Florence Round Baptised 14 May 2017 with Parents Steven & Laura and over 100 Friends & Family for this very happy occasion
06 Max Stephen & Lola Rosie Griffiths Baptised on 7th May 2017 with Parents Ross & Holly and Godparents
05 Lily Harper Davies Baptised 30 April 2017 with Parents Karla & Stuart, Big Sister Evie and Godparents
03 George Thomas and Charlie Peter Lewis with parents Agnieszka and Daniel, older brother Oscar and Godparents
02 On Sunday 11th December 2016 4 children were Baptised into the Christian Church The names were Danny Steven Dael, Mercedes Michelle, Nicole Skyla-Jude and Dimon Maximus Dael Williams, with parents Dorni and Dael, accompanied by Godparents. As an interesting aside, Danny also sings in the church choir.
Are you considering baptism for yourself or your children? Fantastic! It’s the beginning of a wonderful journey involving your whole family – Parents, Godparents, Children, Friends, The Church and God. It’s an amazing experience.
You may be asking. “Do I need to be baptised myself or, be a regular churchgoer to have my children baptised?” The answer is “No, you don’t”.
Oxon church is a place where children and young people are welcome every week, and we love helping parents think through what baptism, and being part of God’s family, is all about.
It’s not all about young people. We do have congregation members who, as adults, have been baptised. This may also be of interest to you or your friends and family.
The Church of England has a brilliant website telling you everything you need to know about ‘Christenings’. From ‘What will the church service be like?’ to ‘Choosing Godparents’. And information on ‘Preparing for the Big Day’ to ‘Choosing Christening Gifts’. Please have a look by clicking HERE.
You may be asking if there is a cost for a baptism. The answer is ‘No’. However, some families and their friends like to make a donation to the church. Donations help to pay for the upkeep to the building and other things like candles and administration. Nevertheless, please keep in mind that you and your friends are under no obligation to do so.
To start the ball rolling the first thing to do is to contact one of our Baptism Coordinators here at Oxon Church who’ll be only too happy to help you and give you advice on what to do next.